More and more students come to a Kundalini Yoga class wanting to address a health concern. Yet Level 1 Teacher Training prepares us to teach Kundalini Yoga to healthy people, not to those with a health condition.
To address the needs of students with health conditions requires a different set of skills and a new way of thinking.
Yogi Bhajan developed core Principles and Practices to teach Kundalini Yoga with a therapeutic approach.
This 4 day intensive training teaches you his method. You’ll be introduced to the skills, language and pacing you need to teach Kundalini Yoga to people with health conditions safely and effectively.
This training gives Kundalini Yoga teachers the foundation needed to begin to develop those skills and to deepen and expand the application of yogic philosophy, technique and habits of conscious living toward health recovery. It is a pre-requisite to other therapeutic stand-alone trainings offered by the Guru Ram Das Center such as assisting people with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Cold Depression, and Death & Grief. It is also the first course in the 1,000 hour Kundalini Yoga Therapy Training, which is accredited by the International Association of Yoga Therapists.
Topics of this course include:
- Building Vitality for Change
- The Kundalini Yoga Therapy Mandala
- The language of teaching Kundalini Yoga Therapeutically
- The differences between a yoga teacher, yoga therapist and yogic healer
- Structure and flow of a Kundalini Yoga therapy class
- The psychology of health recovery
- How to include friends and family for support
- A review of scientific research on yoga and meditation for health conditions
This 4 day training includes a delicious homemade vegan gluten free lunch each day and a six week curriculum. Tuition is $644. First 11 people to register take $50 off
Pre-requisite: You must be a Level 1 Certified Kundalini Yoga Teacher to attend.
Discover full course details, CEUs, & Registration HERE